Friday, June 13, 2008

modernly medicated

Being as that I am not one to do much for my many complaints, I have not seen a doctor (besides my between the legs doc) for a few years now. So as I stayed copay free, my list of aches and annoyances grew longer and longer. One miserable morning, I broke down with yet another splitting headache, and called IHC. I am sure that inside this Drs head was the word HYPOCHONDRIAC spinning round and round. "And I think I have this, and I think I have that also..." Well, let me tell you how my life has changed. 100$ at the pharmacy, and I am happily masking my many problems that could be fixed with a better diet, exercise and more vacations, taking probably as many meds as my 77 year old gram.
Once upon a time, last week, all I was responsible for taking was birth control. Once a day, sometimes every other day, and sometimes twice a day, I took one little pill to make me infertile, moody, hungry, and hormony. Now, I have all these little bottles lined up on my counter, with a little cup bringing up the caboose. To add to my daily task of standing naked for 20 minutes while my fake-tanning lotion dries, I now have to hold my head forward while the "tastes like butt" nose spray settles into my hyper-mucus producing nostrils. Then I take a claritin for my burny, watery eyes, and my new found love, ADDERALL, for my self-diagnosed ADD. Then before I venture into sleepy land at night, I take a birthcontrol pill and then a med for migraines which is actually an antidepressant, but I am convinced it should be given to anorexics because it has made me ravenous, and I have gained 7 pounds this week. I also have these little emergency, melt on my tongue, mi grain pills, for when the antidepressant chubby bum pill is not quite cutting it. So, my question is, CHUBBY and PAIN FREE, or LESS CHUBBY with HEADACHES? I will take pleasantly plump for 100$, alex trebec.
Wow, if anyone reads this far, I will be surprised.
insert cute picture here to grab peoples attention:





You may think I am late in getting old picts posted for you to see, but no. Surprise! These were taken on Sunday. In June. Snow. See the flip flops? We were just as surprised as you. Our picnic and romp around the beautiful lake was sabotaged by snow. I am hoping the memory of walking 100 feet and turning around and going back to the warm car is worth the 52$ dollars in gas it cost us to get there. Big Cottonwood Canyon, Silver Lake, don't go till August. OK, I just realized I was the only irresponsible one wearing flip flops, and you don't see that in picts. Pity me anyway, please?

Okay so I know I am like a lonely old lady telling her life story to the poor salesman who just happened by, but I have one more story. "Oh let me tell you how silly..."
As I am sitting here proofreading, I hear little Haddie foo foo saying "ma ma" over and over and doing this new, fake, forced cackle she has perfected over the last few days. (Really, it sounds like a witches laugh, but is very cute.) Well, "ma ma" is sometimes me, her mother, who she also calls "mommy," but sometimes my name is "i am going to scream at the top of my lungs until you give me what i want." Other times "ma ma" is grandma, so I get rather confused, especially when the three of us are together, and I am more of a shadow on the wall, and really I think the two of them acknowledge me only so I don't feel left out (which I do, but it's ok.) WOW. back to the story Kacy. What I am gettin at, Haddie laughing, "mama" and I turn around to find this cuteness.

Future circus performer Hadley Jo found out there were pictures up on those shelves. "Ma Ma" was grandma, she was giggling at her picture and pointing at all her family.

Ok, you are free to go now, released from my ramblings.

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Your ramblings really have me laughing today! So I am glad you posted them. Sorry about the migraines but glad you found a pill to make you happy (sorry about the chubby part).

Zoei said...

Again, I love your ramblings. You are such a talented writer and photographer. I love reading your blog. You keep me laughing and chuckling. :)