Monday, June 16, 2008

Healing

In years past I have lost a close friend, and my heart still aches remembering the pain that I felt and still continue to feel for her. I have lost great grandparents, who were so dear to my heart, and I was heart broken and I miss them dearly. But, I am not sure what was different then, my age and immaturity, or just different situations all together, but nothing in the world could prepare me for how hard it has been losing my Grandpa. It is a mixture between him being my guy. One of two wonderful, special grandpas who just hold these special spots in my heart, there along with my own daddy, who has this HUGE spot right next to my mom. Or is it because it has been so incredibly hard watching my own mother, in all of her aching, heart broken sadness, lose her Daddy. This has been more heart wrenching than anything I can imagine.As the little girl of a big, strong dad, I think of my own dad (awnry as he can be)as invincible, super-hero-ish and untouchable. I cannot imagine what my mom has been through, but can only watch, and be there for her as she tries to figure out what to do with the pieces of her broken heart, and hope that one day she will let me, or anyone in to help her with her healing.I guess what I am getting at, is my mom has started her own blog, Skunk Hollow to share feelings, pictures, and thoughts. My grandpa was a wonderful, funny man. I am so glad she is sharing with us the thoughts, though sometimes so sad, and memories she has.

4 comments:

Sioux said...

Such sweet thoughts from such a sweet gal...I can't think of a better tribute to the dads and grand-dads than this. I, too, am so glad that your Mom has finally decided to put some of her words and thoughts into a blog. I loved the first few entries.
P.S. I have gotten tons of rave reviews on my hair. Good Job!

Kare Bear said...

What a sweet way to share your feelings about your mom and dad. I am so happy she has started her own blog finally... love ya kac,
kari

whitey said...

Yes Jo it has been incredibly hard watching my own mother through this process . I remember has we walked out of Dad's room arm in arm down the hallway we all had been up at least 24 hours still not beleiving what had taken place, when she stared to cry and told me she did not know if she would be able to walk back through the doors of the house with out him there I told her that I will be with you. Honestly I did not think that I would be able to do it either .

Zoei said...

I love your pictures. I am also glad your mom has started writing. It is a tremendous form of therapy.