Thursday, July 1, 2010

-birthday giggles-

The Man had a birthweek. Not birthday. These celebrations rarely last one day. A week, if I'm lucky. Good thing we have a whole year to recoup before the next one! 12 more months to be twenty something...then, oh boy! It's the big 3-0!!

Oh wait.

I'm older than him.

I only have 7 months left!

So for his birthweek, we packed up and traveled around. 2 different camp spots, 5 days. 3 hours of packing the trailer, 3 times. 3 hours of unpacking the trailer, 3 times. Thirty something bum changes, 15 meals, 10 baths, driving, eating, smore-ing...That left approximately 1 hour a day for me to sit and enjoy the beautiful view! Phew! It's a lot of work to have this much fun!

How long does it take two little girls to pick a whole meadow of flowers?


About 30 minutes. Not a single flower left to bother us!

Baby in her new babysitter, the pack-n-play. With her new found love of crawling, and also her deep desire to choke on rocks, she spent most of her time in a lap or in here. Surprisingly, she loved it. And was pulling herself up in no time. Pulling herself up especially when I put her down for naps!
The other Birthday Person! Payton Pickles. All she wanted to do for her birthday was to go camping. Lucky Girl!



Our view from the road by campsite #1. Strawberry Reservoir.
Nothing like some good worm kissin! Hadley was having too much fun with all of our fishing worms to actually use them to fish. She was very brutal with them, pulling them apart, "cleaning" them (drowning), and kissing them. And stretching them out on the hot asphalt. Worms don't like hot.
Baby pulling up to everything now. The only problem is, is that she can't get back down without falling down. LOTS of crying. I'm really not a fan of the crawling stage!
The Birthday Boy frosting his own cake.
With A LOT of extra help!!



The baby loved to pull up to the screen door and scream at anyone outside. Well, day 4 she pushed it open and fell out of the trailer. Poor little girl! Ended up with a nose burn, but was ok!
The view from campsite #2, Deer Creek Reservoir.
Just finished my 10th load of laundry...and tomorrow we are off to celebrate the 4th with all our awesome family!

Happy Birthday Brent. I love you so much most times. And I am glad you like your 2 new bikes your awesome wife got you for fathers/birth day. And so glad they were buy one, get one 20% off, because I like my shiny new bike too!

4 comments:

Nettie said...

These pictures are priceless! Sounds like all the birthday folk had a wonderful time! (Dave likes to celebrate birthdays a week at a time also,....however this year was different. Ash and I had a good time going down to Tucson to be there for his b-day. Glad you are back home and somewhat back to normal.

Mike and Kadie Briggs said...

His and Her birthday gifts for Him. I love it, how else to get you a gift when it isn't about you, but should be ;)...
That camp trailer would look great parked out here for a week. I would even put a soft pad at the bottom of your stairs for your little greeter to land on!

Vickers said...

You certainly sound like the perfect Western Wife....all sunshine, fresh air, happiness and true grit, with a beautiful, frisky family. Happy Birthday to every single one of you, Brent, Kacy, Hads, and Wesley. Gorgeous country you guys pal around in.

Kare Bear said...

Glad we could celebrate all these june birthdays up in those gorgeous mountains. It was alot of fun!! even if my feet were more swollen then ever before... guessing it was the altitude that did it? love the pics of hadley frosting the cake.