Monday, February 23, 2009

Wonderful Chaos...

I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends. ~Nancie J. Carmody

The mess wasn't that bad, actually. The sugared up hyper baby on the other hand...Lets just say 2 days of parties, cousins, cake and ice cream did not lead to a very restful birthday night for this little one...
Waiting for the arrival of party guests. We went with a rainbow theme if you can't tell...Her easy, simple but cute cake...Her best effort at a "CHEESE" while her cartoons were so very distracting. Oh, and lets not forget the tutu. She has not taken it off but for bed and bath all week...Keeping her busy by decorating cupcakes. Well, see those two skittles on that cupcake? She ate more skittles and marshmallows than decorated...Showing off her new Dora potty seat. Practical gifts from mom and dad.Trying on her new clothes. Attempting to try them on, at least!As the party was winding down, we had her all dressed up in her new play clothes. She lays down on the floor, sighs loudly, and says "I tie-owed." Poor baby. Partied out.

What TWO means to Haddie:
*"Haddie do it"
*"Waisins pease mommy" (raisins)
*"Cha" (yeah)
*"Mommy ok?" "A Daddy going?" "Horsey ah better?" always concerned about everyone
*Dora, Diego, Wonder Pets...well pretty much anything Nick or Disney.
*Coloring
*Jumping
*Paigey
*2...3...5! or its 6...7...9...ready not I come!
*her new fishies. there are four of them, but they are still 2,3 & 5. no 4 or 1.
*singing "Happy to you!" and "5 monkey song"
*Red cowboy boots
*Trouble
*Loves
*anytime she bumps a body part, she kisses her own (finger, arm, knee) then proceeds to kiss whatever she bumped (table, floor, ball.)
*And her new thing, when she is doing something she is not supposed to, she not only barely hides, but keeps her eyes shut. I guess this way I can't see her being naughty, because she can't see me?
*I love this little girl more than anything in the world. She keeps me busy, but that is just what this lazy girl needs! A Haddie!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! Looks like it was quite the day for Hadley. Grandma says she is also partied out after three days of celebrating but I know she enjoyed it.

When Karsyn was 2, she closed her eyes and told me she was invisible. Then she would run around the room, with her eyes closed, pretending to be an invisible superhero. You can imagine it led to some pretty hilarious moments.

I finally broke down and got a haircut in China. The stylist did a pretty good job but I still wished it could have been you. I look forward to some time in your chair when I get home.

Nettie said...

Happy Birthday to Haddie! She is so cute. She may keep you busy but enjoy it for as long as you can because they grow up so fast! It's hard to believe she is already 2! Love you Hadley!

Anonymous said...

A rainbow theme is perfection for a ittle girl who brings sunshine wherever she goes. LOVE the Tutu!!!! Happy Birthday pretty girl.

Zoei said...

She is an angel, for sure. Happy Birthday Haddie Jo!

Kare Bear said...

She is so fun. I think I was more excited for her birthday then even the girls. Just to watch her open her gifts and sing her happy birthday song she'd been practicing. My favorite still is "cha"