Hospitals suck.
But they are wonderful, too. Instead of writing an emotional, angry, happy, sad version of our week, I will just link over to my mom, who has written so well about my little Hadley. First read HERE.
Next is THIS.
And finally HERE and then again a cutie HERE.
After all that we still have to go in tonight for more blood work, then up to her pediatrician tomorrow sometime for a follow up, hopefully her last visit for awhile. I am so thankful that we were troubled with just a mean virus, my heart goes out to the parents of very ill children.
This was in the emergency room after some liquid iv and her fever was down.
And here are some more funny pictures:
Fever 104 (not so funny)
Fell asleep (finally) holding a bag of chips.
Once she was free from all of her cords, she was happy to play hide-and-seek with grandma and grampa who came to visit while mom and dad went to the cafeteria for dinner.
I thought she looked a little ragged after her stay, so I trimmed her hair up in my bathroom with crappy scissors, but it turned out so cute!
What this week has taught me about myself:
*I really can sleep in jeans
*At 28 I still need my mom, who became my calm, brains, and translator.
*Most nurses are younger than me
*It's tolerable to go 3 days without a shower as long as I have a toothbrush and deodorant.
What this week has taught me about my daughter:
*she is physically very strong! She must have the strength of a gladiator, because she can out wiggle 4 adults and still manage to loosen her iv.
*she adapts fast, was going to bed well in her monkey cage crib, using her left hand for everything
*she really, really, really loves Caillou!
I knew this before, yet when she was calling out for him in her sleep, I knew it was going to be a long stay without him. Her daddy couldn't resist and went out and bought her 2 dvds of the whiny, wimpy little boy. (I love him, can you tell?)
*She means more to me than I myself will ever know, and I would walk through fire, and worse, watch 4 hours of Caillou, anything for my baby.
Wow, so I said I wasn't going to be long and dramatic, but kinda turned out that way. But it has been quite the roller coaster ride, and I am happy to see this baby throw as many tantrums as she wants at home, with cool cheeks and wet diapers.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Did that really just happen?
Posted by "Jo" in many sizes at 9:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Hopefully she is on the mend and the trauma that it caused will be soon forgotten. And many hours of Caillou to make her happy!
It's amazing how much a horrible experience makes you realize alot about yourself and life in general. You will grow and learn from this hospital stay. I cried,laughed,thought,loved and prayed more in 4 days then even. I am sorry you had to go through this though since my kids were the ones around her. You know I love you and haddie bug!! your a wonderful mom and are gonna grow even more once the second one is here. Paige was a major learner for me as you probably saw...
What a scary weekend you had! I hope that she continues to improve and that you all get a lot of rest this week.
there is no greater pain than you can feel, than that of yours for your childs. may your children outlive your own wonderfully long life
I'm glad that she seems to be getting better, and that it wasn't more serious. A hospital stay is grueling, and with a little one that can't move around, it's even more so. Hope you all can get some rest thru the week. Love to you all...
I've been trying to keep updated by reading your mom's posts and talking to Grandma. I'm so glad that Haddie seems to be doing better and you are all back home and hopefully getting some rest. I know how hard it is to have a child in the hospital either sick or hurt really bad. It isn't any fun and Kari is right, you do learn a whole lot about everything when you are going through this type of situation. Love to you all
!
I was sick when I got the call from mom telling me. I am so sorry for what you and Brent and most of all Haddie Bug had to go through. I know and feel your pain. It is not easy, and every minute you sit there with them you try to will it to be you there instead of them. But what is amazing is they forget long before you do! And I remember a certain Hair Stylist telling me how she could not go through what I went through with Reed. And yet look how strong you are, my brave 28 year old!
Kacy, I'm so glad that they were able to send you home. I always feel horrible when patients are not only stuck in the hospital, but stuck inside the room--makes the room seem even smaller! How did the last blood test go? I love the hair-cut you gave her. She is such a cute little girl!
Oh my Gosh Kacy. I cried just reading about the whole ordeal. How did you manage. How scary is that? I'm so glad she is ok now and back to being her cute, mischievous self. She is adorable. I love you. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.
Post a Comment